Total TimePrep: 20 min. Broil: 15 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a food processor, combine the beans, 1 tablespoon oil, water, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until pureed; set aside.
- Place mushrooms on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until mushrooms are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the red pepper, red onion and zucchini in remaining oil until tender.
- Spread about 1/3 cup reserved bean mixture over each mushroom; top with 1/2 cup vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 252 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Apr 11, 2015
Can't wait to try this. I do a similar one where I combine sun dried tomatoes, fresh garlic basil, topped with mozzarella cheese. Even if you don't like mushrooms, like my husband, you don't even know you are eating them. So yummy.
May 8, 2014
These are really good. I only had Italian bread crumbs on hand to use and added more parmesan in the filling and on top, sprinkled w/ minced parsley before baking. Will definitely make again and may reduce the bread crumbs a bit and kick up the spices.
Sep 23, 2013
This recipe was yum! Instead of pepper jack cheese, I used Kraft's new Chipotle White Cheddar Cheese. To make the dish more filling for my husband, I also tossed spiral pasta with pesto, olive oil, and a tsp or so of chipotle chili in adobo sauce and served the portobellos alongside. Delish!!!