Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8-1/4 hours
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium green peppers
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, beans, rice, 1-1/2 cups cheese, corn, onion, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, pepper and salt. Remove and discard tops and seeds of green peppers. Fill each pepper with about 1 cup vegetable mixture. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pepper: 342 calories, 11g fat (8g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 550mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 8g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 7, 2014
I haven't made this yet, but it sounds really good. Hummmm
Jul 7, 2014
If you say it's Veggie stuffed peppers then make it just that. Only thing I kept in this recipe is the pepper. I put raw cauliflower in blender and grated to resemble rice. Added chopped zucchini, yellow squash and turnips. Used fresh corn off the cob, diced red peppers, onion, 1 clove of garlic. Saluted all veggies minus cauliflower rice & green pepper till denté. Add cumin, cyanne chili pepper, salt pepper to taste. Tossed in small can of diced tomatoes and stirred in "rice". Stuff peppers and grilled for 8-10 min. I make this in the m fall winter cooking for 2-3 hrs on low in crock pot. Now THIS is a veggie stuffed pepper.
Nov 28, 2012
there are too many great recipes to make an average one again.
Aug 6, 2008
I make a recipe similar to this, but mine has black beans instead of the kidney beans and yellow hominy instead of the corn. Either way, this recipe makes a very good meal.My finishing touch is placing one nacho-sliced jalapeno on top of each stuffed green pepper.