- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium green peppers
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, beans, rice, 1-1/2 cups cheese, corn, onion, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, pepper and salt. Remove and discard tops and seeds of green peppers. Fill each pepper with about 1 cup vegetable mixture. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forVegetable-Stuffed Peppers
"I haven't made this yet, but it sounds really good. Hummmm"
"If you say it's Veggie stuffed peppers then make it just that. Only thing I kept in this recipe is the pepper. I put raw cauliflower in blender and grated to resemble rice. Added chopped zucchini, yellow squash and turnips. Used fresh corn off the cob, diced red peppers, onion, 1 clove of garlic. Saluted all veggies minus cauliflower rice & green pepper till denté. Add cumin, cyanne chili pepper, salt pepper to taste. Tossed in small can of diced tomatoes and stirred in "rice". Stuff peppers and grilled for 8-10 min. I make this in the m fall winter cooking for 2-3 hrs on low in crock pot. Now THIS is a veggie stuffed pepper."
"there are too many great recipes to make an average one again."
"I make a recipe similar to this, but mine has black beans instead of the kidney beans and yellow hominy instead of the corn. Either way, this recipe makes a very good meal.My finishing touch is placing one nacho-sliced jalapeno on top of each stuffed green pepper."