- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried thyme, marjoram and basil
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 5 small carrots, halved lengthwise and cut in half
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and herbs. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add mushrooms; seal bag and turn to coat. Pour remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag. Add remaining vegetables; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain vegetables and discard marinade. Grill mushrooms, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Place remaining vegetables in a grill wok or basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Spread cheese over mushrooms; top with vegetables. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forVegetable-Stuffed Grilled Portobellos
"The flavor combination don't mesh well. Also, the carrots turned out crunch. The marinade is very bitter and throws off the entire flavor of the dish. We rarely come across a recipe that we don't enjoy enough to throw it out before finishing it, and this was one of them that was in the trash."
"This was a very tasty dish - I cut the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in half to cut back some calories. I also used a light garlic herb sauce (wasn't that good). I think the marinade was excellent and would have been perfect instead of having the cream on it. Will definitely make this again!"