A friend of mine who raised eggplant shared this recipe with me. This fast and delicious side will compliment most any entree. —Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
Recommended: Top 10 Vegetarian Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 medium ear sweet corn, husk removed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise; remove pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Cube removed pulp; set shells aside. Cut corn off the cob.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute eggplant pulp, corn, onion, tomato and garlic in oil until onion is tender. Stir in seasonings. Spoon mixture into reserved shells. Place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish; pour water into dish.
- Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable-Stuffed Eggplant in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p39
Reviews forVegetable-Stuffed Eggplant
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2013
"Excellent recipe. Very filling and very healthy."
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2009
"This is delicious!! I added some cubed cooked chicken and we had a complete meal. I will definitley make this again. Thanks!!"