Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 1-3/4 hours
Makesabout 8-10 servings (3-1/2 quarts)
- 1-1/2 pounds lean boneless lamb or pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium leek, sliced
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 to 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- Minced fresh parsley
- Cornstarch and water, optional
- In a Dutch oven, brown meat in oil over medium-high. Add onion and cook until tender; drain. Add the next seven ingredients. Cover and simmer until the meat is tender, about 1 hour. Add cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, celery, beans and parsley; cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. If desired, thicken with cornstarch dissolved in water.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 141 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
May 10, 2018
I was looking for a Vegetable STEW! This is a soup and it contains meat! Last I checked a vegetable stew is thick like stew (fork thick) and contains no meat what so ever.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.