- 3/4 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cubed
- 3 teaspoons canola or vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 2 cups julienned carrot
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup sherry or additional broth
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry steak in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, heat the remaining oil. Add broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and garlic; stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, broth, sherry or additional broth, water, soy sauce and ginger until smooth. Return beef to the pan. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add tomatoes; heat through. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forVegetable Steak Stir-Fry
"I subbed fresh mushrooms for the cauliflower and husband and I enjoyed this. Will definitely make again!"
"This is great, Thank you"