Vegetable Split Pea Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried split peas
- 8 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked corned beef or ham
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 5 teaspoons low-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until peas and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 278 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 11g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Nov 19, 2017
Very good, very easy. I used veg broth instead of chicken. I would make this again. Everyone loved it. Janet VFE
Aug 27, 2014
Very good. A change from the run of the mill soup. We really liked the subtle seasoning. I did use cubed beef in place of the meat because I had it on hand and added a tiny bit of Tones Hickory Smoked salt.