- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Thick rice noodles, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 2 teaspoons oil for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry the onions in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add the peas and corn; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic and gingerroot; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp; heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with rice noodles if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forVegetable Shrimp Stir-Fry
"This was very good, l used some different vegetables and added extra water to the sauce."
"I would definitely make this recipe again, just not when my third son is home, as he is deathly allergic to seafood. The rest of us love this recipe and will be making it as often as we can."