Vegetable Shrimp Salad
With shrimp, asparagus and a blend of peppers, this refreshing salad is not only delicious but pleasing to the eye as well!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 pound fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup each julienned sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large serving bowl; cool. Place the asparagus in a small saucepan; add a small amount of water. Bring to a boil; cook for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the asparagus, shrimp, artichokes, snow peas, peppers, onions and celery to the rice. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, parsley, soy sauce, lemon-pepper, salt and pepper. Pour over shrimp mixture and toss gently. Chill until serving.
Originally published as Vegetable Shrimp Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004