- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 cup each chopped celery, red onion and sweet red pepper
- 1 cup cauliflowerets
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper to a boil. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add sugar mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forVegetable Salad Medley
"This is my favorite go-to recipe for potlucks. It's easy to make and the recipe makes a lot. I always take the recipe with me when I take this somewhere because people always ask me for it."
"My new favorite salad! I added quite a bit more cauliflower than the recipe called for & still had a lot of liquid left over."
"I got rave reviews for this recipe from family and friends. The sauce is amazing. The whole salad is excellent."