Vegetable Rice Skillet
A bag of frozen mixed vegetables conveniently dresses up plain rice in this quick and easy recipe.—Ruth Rigoni, Hurley, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, bring broth and butter to a boil. Stir in the vegetables and rice with seasoning packet. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-8 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender. Sprinkle with cheese.