Vegetable Rice Skillet
A bag of frozen mixed vegetables conveniently dresses up plain rice in this quick and easy recipe.—Ruth Rigoni, Hurley, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, bring broth and butter to a boil. Stir in the vegetables and rice with seasoning packet. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-8 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 210 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 834mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Vegetable Rice Skillet in Country Woman May/June 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.