In Alamosa, Colorado, Marjorie Carey puts together this easy rice mixture flavored with vegetable soup mix. Each batch makes a pretty side dish when you're in a hurry.
Recommended: 23 Chicken and Vegetable Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) vegetable soup mix
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried sweet red or green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 4 batches (4 cups total).
Originally published as Vegetable Rice Mix in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p48