- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup egg substitute, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the rice, 1/4 cup egg substitute and half of the cheese. Pat onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. In another bowl, combine the broccoli, mushrooms, milk, butter and remaining egg substitute. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
1 piece: 131 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.