- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice, room temperature
- 3/4 cup egg substitute, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shim milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- In a bowl, combine rice, 1/4 cup egg substitute and half of the cheese; mix well. Pat into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray; set aside. In an other bowl, combine the broccoli, mushrooms, milk, margarine and remaining egg substitute. Pour into crust. Bake uncovered. at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Return to the oven until cheese melts. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forVegetable Quiche
"This is a very low fat, low salt, healthy recipe. It has plenty of protein, veggies, and good carbs from the brown rice. I absolutely love the rice crust. You can even substitute your fav veggies without having to change the recipe. I use some frozen or fresh veggies sometimes. Very healthy, very tasty."
"Never made Quiche before, Not too crazy about the rice. I have made this again but I omit the rice and add in aspparagus or red peppers, and 1 TBSP of prepared Whole seeded mustard. Yummy"