Broccoli, sweet red peppers and garlic take center stage in this staple from Shannon Wade. She uses the microwave in her Kansas City, Kansas kitchen to streamline preparation. Try the quesadillas as appetizers or as light supper.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 small sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Divide vegetable mixture evenly over 6 tortillas; sprinkle with cheese. Top each with remaining tortilla. Place a filled tortilla on a microwave-safe plate; cover with a piece of waxed paper. Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into wedges.