Vegetable Potato Quiche
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, egg and Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute zucchini and red pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Remove from the hear; stir in the ham, eggs, milk, basil, salt and pepper.
- Pour into crust. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 187 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Jul 26, 2014
I'm afraid we didn't enjoy this like the other reviewers seemed to. I left out the ham for a vegetarian meal and while I really enjoy vegetables, the zucchini taste was overpowering to me. I did really like using the potatoes for the crust and will probably use that idea again. But I would do a different filling next time with more eggs.
May 13, 2014
Delicious. Omitted the ham for a vegetarian meal.Also added sliced tomatoes before serving.
Jun 26, 2012
This Quiche is so tasty! I used garden fresh veggies and substituted leftover grilled chicken for the ham. I served it with a salad of spinach greens topped with fresh corn and french fried onions. It was such a yummy meal!!! This will be a new summer favorite!
Jun 13, 2010
This is Great!! It's easy and everyone loved it.It would also be good for a light supper. Next time I plan to double the recipe and freeze one for later. Thanks.