Vegetable Noodle Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup canned tomato puree
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/3 cup shredded American cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, tomato puree, onion, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Spread 1/3 cup tomato mixture in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the noodles. Spread with cottage cheese; top with spinach. Drizzle with 1/2 cup tomato mixture; top with remaining noodles and tomato mixture. Sprinkle with American cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 211 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Jan 15, 2010
Very easy and delicious, but to bulk it up, I added cooked ground beef and twice the cottage cheese to feed my family of 4 twice.
Aug 19, 2008
Thank you for sharing this recipe Mrs. Terry. Made for my husband and myself (we're empty nesters) and all my husband kept saying was yum.Joscey from Oxford, NY
May 25, 2008
Re: Vegetable Noodle Bake--Thank you--great tasting-easy-always looking for meatless dishes.Oshkosh, WI.
May 23, 2008
This sounds yummy. Thanks for posting - plan on making it within the week.
May 23, 2008
This sounds fabulous, I am on Weight Watchers, could you please give some nutrition info so I can add it to my program?Thank you,Linda Mosakowski
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.