Vegetable Medley Side Dish
“My sister-in-law served this healthy vegetable dish to my husband and I,” writes Betty Kleberger of Florissant, Missouri. “We liked it so much she gave me the recipe, and now I serve it in my home.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 61 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Originally published as Summer's Harvest Vegetables in Light & Tasty February/March 2007