Vegetable Medley Pasta Side Dish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch and broth until smooth; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter; add the mustard, basil and garlic powder. Gradually stir in broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta and beans; return to the Dutch oven. Add the mustard sauce and mushrooms; toss to coat. Stir in tomato.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 157 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Mar 31, 2013
This was tasty as is, but I would sauté fresh mushroom with some garlic to add a little more kick. The canned button mushroom were a little too rubbery and bland for my taste.
Jan 6, 2013
i change it a little i used fresh green beens cooked the same way did not add tomatos but did use parmesian cheese on top servered with tuscan chicken i cooked on grill and cranberrys on the side
Aug 17, 2011
Made this without the pasta, using cauliflower, green beans and red bell pepper, with basil from our garden, dried. Yum!
Aug 2, 2010
My husband loved this! I thought it needed a bit more seasoning, not sure what though.
May 26, 2010
this goes great with the Tuscan chicken.Made for my husband and he said to make that again.
May 6, 2010
It was easy and tasty. I will make it for Mother's Day at our family get together.
Mar 27, 2010
Delicious and easy enough that my 9-year old cooked most of this recipe with only a little assistance from me!
Mar 11, 2010
Nice blend of flavors. We used a large tomato, which seemed about right. There was plenty of sauce to coat the veggies and pasta. Excellent recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.