- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans (about 8 ounces)
- Place first eight ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until lentils are tender, about 4 hours.
- Stir in tomatoes and beans. Cook, covered, on high until heated through, about 30 minutes. Yield: 6 servings (about 2 quarts)
Reviews forVegetable Lentil Soup
"A great recipe and simple to make. I substituted potatoes for the butternut squash and also put the green beans and tomatoes in at the beginning with the rest of the ingredients. It worked out well and it tasted great! I also added about 1/2 tsp salt for taste since none is in the recipe"