Vegetable Fish Dinner
My family loves fish and when I plan to serve it, I always fix it in the microwave. It doesn't dry out and is a lot better then frying. This one dish meal is so delicious and will become a favorite of your family as well.—Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 medium lime, thinly sliced
- 3 cups frozen Italian vegetables, thawed
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place fish fillets in an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with chives and thyme. Top with lime and vegetables. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 247 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Country Fresh Fish and Vegetables in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.