- 1 can (19 ounces) ready-to-serve clam chowder
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the chowder, soup, 2-1/2 cups cream, wine and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Stir in vegetables; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the crab, tomato, cheese, parsley and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through, adding remaining cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forVegetable Crab Soup
""Great stuff", said my laconic middle son when he first tasted this great take on clam chowder. Goes together quickly and easily. This soup will definitely be going into the family meal rotation, especially in wintertime."
"This is our family's favourite soup - very creamy. I serve it with cheese buns on cold, snowy days - perfect!"