This veggie-decked Christmas tree is a real conversation starter and looks beautiful on a buffet table.—Carolyn Black, Port Ludlow, Washington
Recommended: 42 Holiday Party Snacks Every Host Should Know
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 round cake dummies in graduated sizes
- 1 Styrofoam cone
- Tacky glue
- Green food coloring
- Veggie trims: radishes, carrots, peppers, zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, baby corn, black olives and clementines
- GARLAND AND DECORATIONS:
- Daikon radishes
- Green, sweet red and yellow pepper rings
- Stack cake dummies (found in cake decorating stores or at www.cookscakeandcandy.com—search “Styrofoam dummy rounds”). Cut Styrofoam cone to about 4 in. high; glue on top of small cake dummy. Glue remaining cake dummies together. Wrap the form in cheesecloth dyed with food coloring.
- Attach kale leaves with toothpicks. Add veggie trims.
- For daikon radish garland, use a vegetable peeler to create long, thin ribbons from radishes. Drape around the tree, going under some trims and over others, and tucking in the ends to hide.
- For ornaments, cut turnips into 1/4-in.-thick rounds. Use cookie cutters to make ornaments; attach with toothpicks.
- Make a tree topper of interlinked pepper rings.
Originally published as Veggie Christmas Tree in Country Woman December/January 2011, p42
Reviews forVegetable Christmas Tree
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2018
"very good one"