Vegetable Chicken Pie
This delicious dish is a longtime favorite that's just right for two.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrot mix
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer into two greased 12-oz. baking dishes. For topping, in a bowl, combine the flour, buttermilk, butter and pepper (batter will be thin). Spoon evenly over each dish; spread to cover top. Spritz each casserole with butter-flavored spray; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and top is firm.
Editor's Note: As a substitute for 1/3 cup self-rising flour, place 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a 1/3 cup measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1/3 cup.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 661 calories, 46g fat (25g saturated fat), 162mg cholesterol, 1912mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Vegetable Chicken Pie in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.