Vegetable Chicken Kabobs
This colorful kabob recipe from Elaine Anderson of Aliquippa, Pennsylvania makes just enough for two. “It's a delicious and easy way to serve the vegetables from our garden,” says Elaine.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken, tomatoes and green pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 285 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 3 fat, 2 vegetable.
Originally published as Chicken Veg Kabobs in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.