This colorful kabob recipe from Elaine Anderson of Aliquippa, Pennsylvania makes just enough for two. “It's a delicious and easy way to serve the vegetables from our garden,” says Elaine.
Recommended: 50+ Brilliant Recipes for Food on a Stick
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken, tomatoes and green pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Chicken Kabobs in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p16