- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup process cheese sauce
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in broth and vegetables. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in cheddar cheese and cheese sauce; cook until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews forVegetable Cheese Soup
"This is so good, my 10 year old granddaughter is always asking me to make it~"
"I loved this soup. It has a nice, rich cheesy taste."
"I loved this I left out the onions because my husband won't eat them and added chicken. We loved it!"
"This is really good, even tho I changed it a bit. Mine was very cheesy tasting. I used an 8oz block of sharp cheddar cheese in place of the cheese and sauce. I used 1/4 cup cornstarch in place of the flour to make it gluten-free. Next time I'll use less, maybe 2 to 3 Tbsp. I would recommend a non-stick pan. I had to stir continuously to prevent it from burning on the bottom while trying to bring it to a boil. I think this would be really good with all broccoli, as well."