Vegetable Cheese Bake
You can't go wrong with creamed veggies in a cheese sauce. What a delight!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until cheese is melted. Stir in vegetables.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2 cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and vegetables are tender. Let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 367 calories, 20g fat (13g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 9g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Vegetable Cheese Bake in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook