- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise*
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forVegetable Casserole
"I made this for a large family dinner for a group of non-veggie lovers. They gobbled it right up!"
"Really liked this one"
"Wow, 14g of saturated fat? How unhealthy is that?? I was going to make this recipe until I saw the Nutritional Facts. Unless I can figure out a way to lighten it up, it won't be part of my recipe collection."
"I was surprised that this wasn't as good as I had hoped. I love vegetables, but this ended up just tasting like mayo with onions! The only things I changed were using Miracle Whip Light and omitting the butter. Was very pretty in the dish though!"
"This is a great way to get vegetables to the table that taste good! I forgot to buy my green beans to make the family dish green bean casserole and then I remembered that I could make this one instead. Everybody loved it!"
"Excellent! I finally found a recipe that makes frozen mixed vegetables taste as good as they look."
"I lightened this up a little by substituting 1/2 c 1% cottage cheese for 1/2 the mayonnaise. Was very good."