- 1-1/2 pounds beef bottom round roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups water
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 small carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef in oil; drain. Add water, onion, celery, carrots, potatoes and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in peas. Bring to a boil. Combine flour and water until smooth; add to beef mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forVegetable Beef Stew
"This did not have a lot of flavor. Needed to add salt and pepper. Not great."
"My family was not impressed."
"I tend to use extra bouillon but have made this many times. It has now become our "go-to" stew."