Vegetable Beef Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend, thawed and chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the vegetables, soup, water, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 362 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 852mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 11, 2017
This is one of my favorite meals. I use the Fiesta Nacho soup, as others have suggested. I use 12 oz of the frozen broccoli and cauliflower that comes in the steam bags - except I thaw it in the fridge a couple days ahead. I also use diced tomatoes with onion in them instead of using raw onion.
Dec 29, 2014
Not really all that great. Quite disappointed.
Nov 3, 2010
I made the recipe as is except I used Fiesta Nacho Soup. It was great and for my family of 5, three sons, there were very few left-overs. We loved it and the boys even ate the veggies!
Jun 7, 2009
just use any soup - its a good recipe for leftovers
Feb 25, 2009
As for the nacho cheese soup, I used Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup. For the rice, I think you can add regular rice. Just cook it first, then add it at the end. You probably want to either drain the tomatoes or use only some of the liquid if you do that.This was pretty simple to prepare and tasty. I used a carrot, green bean, and pea mix instead of the broccoli/cauliflower blend. Unfortunately, my husband does not like too much going on in a dish. Next time, I will use only half of the veggies. Be forewarned, this makes A LOT of food!
Feb 6, 2009
I could not find the nacho cheese soup does anyone have any ideas on a replacement for this ingredent
Jan 16, 2009
I do not use instant (processed) rice. Can long grain rice be used instead?