Vegetable Beef Ragout
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated beef tips with gravy
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add the beef tips with gravy, peas and tomatoes; heat through. Serve over pasta if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 246 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 670mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Sep 11, 2009
As a single person, I loved the recipe but find I need to cut it down more. I tried using 7 whole grain pilaf(Kashi) instead of noodles for a change and found it to my liking. I am planning to try brown rice, wild rice in the future.chowder210