Vegetable Beef Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- 2/3 cup white wine or beef broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 18 small whole onions
- 3 to 4 small zucchini, cut in 1-inch slices
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut in 1-inch pieces
- Cut beef in 1-1/4-in. cubes; place in large resealable plastic bag. In a bowl, combine the wine, soy sauce, oil, ginger, garlic and tarragon; pour 2/3 cup marinade over beef. Seal bag; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Set aside remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Thread the meat, onions, zucchini and peppers alternately on six metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill over medium-hot heat for 10-12 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 15, 2014
good flavor. I was out of tarragon so I subbed marjoram & dried rosemary. will make again.
Jun 25, 2013
Not only would I make this recipe again...I have made it again several times. I liked the ginger, garlic and tarragon mix. This gives it a little touch of sweetness without making it burn so quickly like any kind of sweet sour sauce does on the grill. Had to use no-salt added beef broth because my DH can't have sodium and I used low sodium soy to help that too.
Sep 3, 2011
I love this recipe! I have made it about 5 times this summer. I also omitted the taragon, and I used chicken broth instead because I didn't have beef broth on hand, and it turned out great. I absolutely recommend this recipe!
Aug 13, 2010
I made this recipe outside on our grill several weeks ago and it made a hit. I omitted the tarragon. I plan to make it again this weekend.