Vegetable Beef Chili
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 65 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 medium tomatoes, cubed
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a 5-qt. Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, green peppers, onions and garlic. Cook over medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and seasonings; mix well. Simmer, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 194 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 15g protein.
Sep 19, 2016
Very good the entire family liked this. I have made it 4 times now. Using those tomatoes up from the garden.
Nov 12, 2013
USED 2 POUNDS OF LEAN GROUND TURKEY, INSTEAD OF GROUND BEEF. NO ONE NOTICED, THEY ALL LOVE IT.
Jan 16, 2010
I make this w/ground turkey and cook it in the crockpot. It's really healthy and delicious!