Vegetable Beef Chili
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 65 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 medium tomatoes, cubed
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a 5-qt. Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, green peppers, onions and garlic. Cook over medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and seasonings; mix well. Simmer, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 194 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 19, 2016
Very good the entire family liked this. I have made it 4 times now. Using those tomatoes up from the garden.
Nov 12, 2013
USED 2 POUNDS OF LEAN GROUND TURKEY, INSTEAD OF GROUND BEEF. NO ONE NOTICED, THEY ALL LOVE IT.
Jan 16, 2010
I make this w/ground turkey and cook it in the crockpot. It's really healthy and delicious!