- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 medium tomatoes, cubed
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) chili beans with liquid
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a 5-qt. Dutch oven or saucepan, brown beef; drain. Add tomatoes, green peppers, onions and garlic. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add beans and seasonings; mix well. Simmer, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forVegetable Beef Chili
"Very good the entire family liked this. I have made it 4 times now. Using those tomatoes up from the garden."