- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the broth, pasta, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add yellow pepper and zucchini; cover and cook 2-4 minutes longer or until pasta and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forVegetable Beef Bow Tie Skillet
"This is one of my family's favorite late summer meals when I have garden product! I add yellow squash to this too and use the mini bowtie pastas. Even my kids love this!"
"added some minced garlic to beef & onion! delicious! will leave out salt though next time or use reduced sodium broth."
"Substituted asparagus and sugar snap peas for the zucchini & yellow pepper. The kids loved it!"
"My family loved this meal! It was a little more juicy like soup than a skillet but still awesome, full of flavor."
"Made this last night and the whole family loved it! Great flavor and very easy. I ended up not having any fresh tomatoes, so I drained a can of diced tomatoes and tossed those in. It still came out great."
"Great recipe. My husband loved it. The only thing I did different was the cheese. I used low fat Mexican blend."
"Loved this recipe although it was a little soupy. I will probably keep everything the same next time but up the bowties to 2 cups."
"I substituted extra Italian and seasoning in place of the chili powder & it was excellent!"
"Kids loved it and me too. Will do it again, first time I was cooking with Zucchinis and the kids loved it"
"The seasoning in this receipe is so good and it's such a verstile dish. I used the veggie spiral pasta (that's all I had) and used carrots, corn, green beans and peas in place of the zuchini or squash, as my husband won't eat them."