Vegetable Beef and Barley Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Reserved leftovers from Carmelized Onion Chuck Roast
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until barley is tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 584 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 1224mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 7g fiber), 51g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 12, 2017
I found this soup very bland and tasteless. This needed a lot of help. As is, I would never make it again.
Jan 25, 2012
Very filling and delicious. Increased the barley to 1/2 cup and my husband still wanted more in the soup. Will try it with 1 full cup next time.
Jan 18, 2012
We loved the soup! I left out the barley and just put in potatoes, carrots and peas. Was yummy! I would make the roast again for the sole purpose of making this soup.