Vegetable Beef and Barley Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Reserved leftovers from Carmelized Onion Chuck Roast
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until barley is tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 584 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 1224mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 7g fiber), 51g protein.
Nov 12, 2017
I found this soup very bland and tasteless. This needed a lot of help. As is, I would never make it again.
Jan 25, 2012
Very filling and delicious. Increased the barley to 1/2 cup and my husband still wanted more in the soup. Will try it with 1 full cup next time.
Jan 18, 2012
We loved the soup! I left out the barley and just put in potatoes, carrots and peas. Was yummy! I would make the roast again for the sole purpose of making this soup.