VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Reserved leftovers from Carmelized Onion Chuck Roast
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until barley is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Beef & Barley Soup in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p20
Reviews forVegetable Beef & Barley Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2012
"Very filling and delicious. Increased the barley to 1/2 cup and my husband still wanted more in the soup. Will try it with 1 full cup next time."