- Reserved leftovers from Caramelized Onion Chuck Roast (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until barley is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forVegetable Beef & Barley Soup
"I found this soup very bland and tasteless. This needed a lot of help. As is, I would never make it again."
"Very filling and delicious. Increased the barley to 1/2 cup and my husband still wanted more in the soup. Will try it with 1 full cup next time."