Vegetable and Turkey Potpie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- In a large saucepan, bring the carrots, onion, celery and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the turkey, soup, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine milk, eggs, 3/4 cup cheese, green pepper and pimientos; stir into the flour mixture until combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls over the hot turkey mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 540 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 214mg cholesterol, 1472mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 31, 2016
I left out the salt because the cream of chicken soup as plenty of sodium. I did up the pepper as family loves pepper. I cup of sour cream seemed overkill, so I just added 2 Tablespoons and that was perfect. I did add 1/2 cup frozen peas because to me a potpie needs peas. The crust was the best part. This is a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey. I grabbed a bag of frozen turkey for this but next time I would like to use chicken.
Dec 6, 2014
This was the WORST recipe I have tried in recent memory. The sour cream overwhelmed any other flavor. It's beyond me how anyone could have given this a 5 star rating. I had to throw it out, not fit for the dogs.
Oct 24, 2013
I substituted some low-fat options for sour cream and soups and this turned out great. Will definitely make it again.
May 18, 2012
This was great. To bad there were so many calories, fats, and carbs. It just may have been worth all that though. It was really yummy.
Sep 13, 2010
I used chicken and it was delicious. The crust is what really makes the dish. My husband really liked this and said it was definitely a keeper!
Jan 19, 2010
Really flavorful and easy to make!
Sep 1, 2009
We loved this recipe! Good way to use leftover turkey, and it tastes great.