- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound veal cutlets or boneless skinless chicken breasts, flattened to 1/4-inch thickness
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. In another shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. Dip veal in egg, then coat with flour mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown veal in oil on both sides. Stir in the mushrooms, broth and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and meat is no longer pink. Serve with spaghetti.
1 each: 395 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 180mg cholesterol, 697mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Dec 31, 1969
I should have paid attention to the one review. I put chopped green onion for garnish, at least that added some colour.
Jan 1, 2010
I was very disappointed. I usually follow a different, but similar recipe for this but thought I would try something different. The problem is leaving the breaded cutlets in the pan when adding the broth. When they simmer, the pretty, golden crust becomes a soggy mess in the bottom of the pan. If you use this recipe, cut the broth down to about 1/3 or so cups and remove the veal cutlets from the pan before adding it and jmust cook the mushrooms in the broth.