Veal Scallopini Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound veal cutlets or boneless skinless chicken breasts, flattened to 1-inch thickness
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine or apple juice
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. In another bowl, lightly beat the egg. Dip veal in egg, then coat with flour mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown veal in oil on both sides. Stir in the mushrooms, broth and wine or apple juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 395 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 180mg cholesterol, 697mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Veal Scallopini
"I should have paid attention to the one review. I put chopped green onion for garnish, at least that added some colour."
"I was very disappointed. I usually follow a different, but similar recipe for this but thought I would try something different. The problem is leaving the breaded cutlets in the pan when adding the broth. When they simmer, the pretty, golden crust becomes a soggy mess in the bottom of the pan. If you use this recipe, cut the broth down to about 1/3 or so cups and remove the veal cutlets from the pan before adding it and jmust cook the mushrooms in the broth."