Veal Cutlets Supreme
This dish has been in the family for years and is still one of our favorites. Guests love it and usually ask for the recipe. —Irene Bruntz, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 veal cutlets (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle veal with garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown veal in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in remaining butter until tender. Stir in cracker crumbs, cream, wine or broth and remaining salt; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in parsley; pour over veal.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 551 calories, 41g fat (22g saturated fat), 184mg cholesterol, 664mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Veal Cutlets Supreme in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.