Vanilla Yogurt Panna Cotta
Panna Cotta always impresses, and it’s so easy to prepare. It's especially stunning when garnished with something colorful, like cranberry sauce or fresh berries. —Jan Valdez, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Whole-berry cranberry sauce and/or pear slices, optional
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand for 1 minute. Split vanilla bean lengthwise; using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape seeds. Add bean and seeds to gelatin mixture.
- Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Combine yogurt and sugar; gradually whisk into gelatin mixture. Cook and stir just until blended. Discard vanilla bean. Pour into four ungreased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or until set.
- Unmold panna cotta onto dessert plates. Garnish with cranberry sauce and/or pear slices if desired.