I needed a quick dessert for my daughter's bridal shower, and a co-worker gave me this mousse recipe. It's so pretty with almonds and raspberries on top. —Marina Castle, Canyon Country, California
Recommended: 45 Valentine’s Day Desserts for Your Sweetie
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 7 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 vanilla beans
- Toasted sliced almonds, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup cream and sugar; cook over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Cook over low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Immediately remove from heat. Stir in chocolate until smooth.
- Split vanilla beans lengthwise. Using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape seeds from the center into chocolate mixture; stir. Transfer to a large bowl; cool 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into four dessert dishes. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour before serving. If desired, sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vanilla White Chocolate Mousse in Simple & Delicious February/March 2015