Vanilla Wafer Coconut Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each until light and fluffy. Add wafers to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in coconut and nuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours, testing after 1 hour. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely. If desired, garnish with whipped cream or ice cream. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 418 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Vanilla Wafer Coconut Cake
"A DELICIOUS, OLD-FASHIONED TASTING cake. WORTH THE EFFORT. I PUT A BASIC DRIZZLE FOR LOOKS."