Vanilla-Lime Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (2/3 cup each)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 3 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup. With a sharp knife, scrape the vanilla bean to remove the seeds; add bean and seeds to pan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until reduced by half. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Discard vanilla bean. Stir in lime juice and zest.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, grapefruit and blueberries. Drizzle with vanilla-lime sauce and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts0.670 cup: 79 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 20, 2014
Wonderful, sweet fruit salad.
Jan 7, 2012
This is my original recipe and you are right, the bean can and should be reused.
May 5, 2010
Why would you discard the bean when there is still so much flavor left in it. Put in a jar with some sugar and you have vanilla sugar for tea or coffee or just to sprinkle on cereal or desserts??
May 3, 2010
Vanilla lime fruit salad is delicious and one my family makes any time we have enough fruit. We don't usually go with the picture but pick our own fruit and it's one we make any time we want a special dessert.
Sep 28, 2009
This is so good and refreshing, a very big hit at a recent dinner party. I used 2 pkg ea fresh raspberries and blackberries rather than blueberries and followed all other suggestions, using real lime juice. Next day with scant leftovers I poured it over a Sara Lee sm pound cake and added a dollop of real whip cream as suggested, another knock out delicious idea. I'm sharing this one with all my friends...YUM!!!