This dessert takes only a few moments to put together. Guests always ask for seconds, and my grandchildren have even requested it for their birthday cakes.—Ernestine Beoughter, Lawrenceville, Illinois
Recommended: Homemade Frosting Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chopped pecans and chocolate syrup
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press half into an 8-in. square dish. Spread with ice cream.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into ice cream. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with pecans. Serve immediately or freeze until serving. Serve with chocolate syrup. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Ice Cream Cookie Dessert in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p13