Vanilla Crescent Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and lemon peel. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into crescent shapes. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 3. Place sugar in a food processor. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds into food processor. Discard vanilla bean. Pulse mixture until combined. Transfer to a small bowl, stir in remaining confectioners' sugar. Coat warm cookies with sugar mixture. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 77 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Vanilla Crescent Cookies
"I made these cookies two or three Christmases ago, they were a big hit with my niece, who's husband's parents are from Croatia. The ingredient that makes a superior taste difference are the vanilla bean seeds that go into the powdered sugar topping. This is a really great cookie! I'll be making them again this Christmas season."
"This is the recipe I was searching for! The only difference, is that I use almonds instead of walnuts. Great recipe!"